Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stormy Weather ... in More Ways than One!

I know, I know.

This week, I was hoping to show you some of my "experiments" in making itty bitty bags.

But the week kind of got away from me; most of my sewing time this week was spent doing special orders ... and ... well, ok ...  gifts for special friends.

And then, there was all that time that I should have been sewing, instead spent preparing for the impending hurricane. All the outside furniture had to be moved in, or secured to railings. Everything had to be moved up off the basement floor.

Like people all up and down the coast, the anxiety just kept building. An earthquake and a hurricane in one week? Yippee for us!!

So instead of a sneak peek at what's going up new in the Etsy Shop, here's one of my favorite movie clips ever. With the hurricane rains beating down on us, it's particularly apropos. The first few lines break my heart every time -- the pureness of Lena Horne's voice, the look on her face.

 

Honestly, it just don't get much better than this!

I'll check back in a couple of days, assuming we have electricity. And give you a little peek at whatever's new at http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThatCleverClementine.



No comments:

Post a Comment