Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day, Oh Labor Day!

"Labors of Love," isn't that what it's all about? Well, make no mistake, art IS work ... it just looks like play!

I have deep respect and regard for all the working artists, musicians, and dancers I know; in fact, very shortly we're heading out to Brunch-and-Tunes, a monthly get together. Good food, fine friends, more music than you can shake a stick at ... sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky in life, this time around?

But first, there are a couple of pix I want to show you!

For the Multi-Color Project KAL on Ravelry's MadTosh board, here's proof that I have actually started my Catkin Shawl. Yes, I had originally planned to cast on for a May KAL. So ... yes ... I am just a tad bit late on that. Whoopsie!















So in the "better late than never" category, here's the 1st section, completed last night. I love the colors; Norway Spruce & Chambray, in MadelineTosh http://madelinetosh.com/ merino light (aka "tml.") Do you see how the chambray is a good bit fuzzier than the dark yarn? That is going to make this so cool!















Both skeins came from Knitty City:  http://www.knittycity.com/blog/home. On my last trip to NYC, I discovered these skeins lurking on the shelves. Both are quite a bit different from other skeins bearing their same colorway names, so they caught my eye ... and seemed destined for each other

The "scary" part comes next ... this shawl is not "mindless knitting." Fingers crossed that I can stay on track!

(Psst: The Catkin Shawl is by Carina Spencer, "Sweet Mama  Small Sugar". You may recognize her name, or the names of some of her other wildly popular patterns, including Whipporwill, and the uber-adorable Convertible Baby Bloomers.)

I've also done a wee small update at http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThatCleverClementine. Four new Snappy Snapdragon Pouches are now in stock!







No comments:

Post a Comment