Monday, September 5, 2011

What a Hoot!

It's a dreary Monday, we're just waiting for more rain. That's kind of hard to even imagine right now, with so many people still struggling with post-hurricane clean-up. Instead of sitting around waiting for the next downpour, I decided I needed a new project to get my mind off the weather.

So here's a little look at what's on my sewing table -- I bet some of you can guess why I have tiny owls on my mind!


That's right, like so many members of the knitting community, I've started hexipuffing.

No, that's not some weird and obscure druggie thing!

 It means I've started in on a Tiny Owl Knits pattern, "The Beekeeper's Quilt." I'm not really aspiring to a quilt, but we have a beautiful twig chair made by my lovely MIL, and I think a seat cushion and side pillows would be perfect.



This will be a long-term project; it's designed to use up odd bits of fingering weight yarn, and is perfect for when you just have a few minutes to knit, and need something simple and portable.

Here's where I am so far; use your imagination, stir in several dozen (hundred?) more puffs of all colors, some striped, some embroidered. Will eventually make fun pillows, no?And what a good use of all those small-yardage scraps!

For more info on the quilt, or any of Stephanie's other patterns (did I mention her deer-with-atlers hat, or her hopsalot slippers -- oh my bob!) check out her Ravelry page http://www.ravelry.com/designers/tiny-owl-knits-2 or blog: http://tinyowlknits.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment