Friday, August 5, 2011

Sunny, Summery Handbag



Sometimes a gal's just gotta do what a gal's gotta do. Right?

I am soooo in love with this cheerful yellow caged bird fabric, I decided I wanted to whip up a sunny, summery handbag for myself. (Some of you may recognize the fabric, it showed up in a recent Cinch Sack over in my Etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThatCleverClementine).



I had some fun grey and yellow fabric, and several other coordinated-but-not-matchy-match prints. So, uncharacteristically, I sewed up a shoulder bag for myself!

Purses have been on my mind a lot lately, as I've been experimenting with a few different kinds of clutches, and adorable little change purses that just might be showing up soon in an Etsy update. But a shoulder bag? THAT is something that I haven't done in years.

I had an especially fun time making the bag's handle. Wouldn't that make an adorable belt??

So, important lesson learned: I guess when the inspiration strikes, you just need to run with it ... right?

This bag was made using Anna Graham of Noodlehead's adorable 241 Tote Bag Pattern: www.noodle-head.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment